Secure and Confidential
I offer you healthcare compliant video conferencing appointments.
Initial Considerations for Set Up and to Make the Most of Your Appointment
If you have access to a device, a phone, computer or tablet, you can set up a video appointment.
Using the platform, you will be able to download and upload consent and intake forms and receive a receipt.
Please find a quiet and private space for the appointment time.
This option is compliant with Ontario’s Privacy Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), and offers you an accessible option in the following cases:
- You have physical or other challenges that prevent you from leaving your home
- Scheduling conflicts prohibit regular office visits
- You travel extensively
While I acknowledge the benefits of online counselling, I recognize that it has limitations and may not be right for every situation, including those listed below:
- Your internet access is not private or secure,
- You have no access to a private setting free from interruptions,
- Your internet connection is weak and unstable,
- If you have anxious or depressive feelings that are chronic and severe, and are not being treated by a medical professional,
- If you are under the age of 18.
Distance counselling sessions are the same as in person sessions in terms of length of time, fees and consent and intake forms.
At the initial session we will review and discuss the consent to services, an intake assessment and service plan and goals.
Sessions are 60 minutes in length.
Fees are payable at the time or following the session. Receipts are sent to you following payment.
If you are interested in online counselling, please contact me to set up an appointment.